C# Express

May 11, 2010 at 3:49 AM

Does StyleCop work with the Express version of C# 2010?

Developer
May 11, 2010 at 4:57 PM

If my memory serves me right, C# Express (or any of the VS express SKU's for taht matter) support loading extensions. so the anwer is no undertunately, you wil ahve to have C# stadard at the minimum.

/Bo

May 11, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Did you mean to say that they don't support loading extensions?

May 11, 2010 at 5:57 PM

The express SKU doesn’t support loading extensions. The best path for you is to set up MSBuild integration for StyleCop. Then StyleCop will still run whenever you do a build and you’ll see the violations in your Error List, even in VS Express.

Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:57 AM
To: Jason Allor
Subject: Re: C# Express [stylecop:212213]

If my memory serves me right, C# Express (or any of the VS express SKU's for taht matter) support loading extensions. so the anwer is no undertunately, you wil ahve to have C# stadard at the minimum.

/Bo

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (stylecop@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email stylecop@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 11, 2010 at 6:02 PM

I thought that might work; I just didn't try it yet.  I never realized how much stuff the Professions versions had that I just took for granted.  Now that I'm working on a small project at home, I thought I'd give Express a shot.  Seems like it is realy meant more for hobbiest and not professionals working on small projects.

In any case, thanks for all your help.