No output xml file being generated

May 19, 2010 at 5:21 AM

Hi,

I have a project with some violations, but i'm not getting any output xml file.

From what I've read, there should be a SourceAnalysisViolations.xml file generated. I need this file to configure my continuous build system (Hudson).

There are StyleCop.Cache files being generated, and these do contain violations. However I'm having difficulty getting Hudson to recognise the violations in these, so I'm assuming that they are in an incorrect format.

Is there something that I need to do to get the violation xml files?

Thanks,

-Rob-

May 19, 2010 at 3:37 PM

The SourceAnalysisViolations file is only generated when you’re running StyleCop through MSBuild integration, not when you run through the VS IDE. I am not familiar with Hudson.

Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 10:22 PM
To: Jason Allor
Subject: No output xml file being generated [stylecop:213116]

Hi,

I have a project with some violations, but i'm not getting any output xml file.

From what I've read, there should be a SourceAnalysisViolations.xml file generated. I need this file to configure my continuous build system (Hudson).

There are StyleCop.Cache files being generated, and these do contain violations. However I'm having difficulty getting Hudson to recognise the violations in these, so I'm assuming that they are in an incorrect format.

Is there something that I need to do to get the violation xml files?

Thanks,

-Rob-

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (stylecop@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email stylecop@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com