Stylecop Quits Early

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Hi,

I have a fairly large solution (over 1000 classes), and I would like an exhaustive list of all code violations in the entire solution.

I created an MSBuild task so I can gather this information in the xml output file periodically.

However, I am finding that StyleCop (4.4) tends to quit after accumulating ~1000 violations.  Is there a way to get StyleCop to keep going?

I have the same issue when using the Visual Studio integration in both 2010 and 2008.

Thanks for your help, I need this for a regulatory report so its fairly important.

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2011 at 12:09 AM
Yes. There's a maxviolations in the target file

A.

On 12 Apr 2011, at 22:54, "uscmule" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have a fairly large solution (over 1000 classes), and I would like an exhaustive list of all code violations in the entire solution.

I created an MSBuild task so I can gather this information in the xml output file periodically.

However, I am finding that StyleCop (4.4) tends to quit after accumulating ~1000 violations. Is there a way to get StyleCop to keep going?

I have the same issue when using the Visual Studio integration in both 2010 and 2008.

Thanks for your help, I need this for a regulatory report so its fairly important.

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Sweet, setting that to -1 did the trick for MSBuild.

Is there a way to do the same for the Visual Studio integration?

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Not currently. I'm opening a feature request.

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2011 at 9:36 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.