Cannot Suppress SA1100 (resolved) - Bug for SA1401?

Jul 28, 2011 at 7:33 PM

For whatever reason, I am unable to determine exactly how to suppress SA1100.  Here is the attribute I have added to the method; can anyone tell me what the correct incantation is for this?

[SuppressMessage("Microsoft.StyleCop.CSharp.ReadabilityRules""SA1100:DoNotPrefixCallsWithBaseUnlessLocalImplementationExists", Justification = "The Call to the method Must call the base class in order to ensure correct behavior.")]
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2011 at 7:49 PM
If you are using 4.5 then remove the Microsoft from the namespace of the rules.

A.

On 28 Jul 2011, at 19:33, "john_h_bergman" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

For whatever reason, I am unable to determine exactly how to suppress SA1100. Here is the attribute I have added to the method; can anyone tell me what the correct incantation is for this?

[SuppressMessage("Microsoft.StyleCop.CSharp.ReadabilityRules", "SA1100:DoNotPrefixCallsWithBaseUnlessLocalImplementationExists", Justification = "The Call to the method Must call the base class in order to ensure correct behavior.")]
Jul 29, 2011 at 1:12 AM

Thanks, that took care of that one, curiously, this one works with the Microsoft present. 

[SuppressMessage("Microsoft.StyleCop.CSharp.MaintainabilityRules""SA1401:FieldsMustBePrivate", Justification = "This is an Event, it should not be treated like a property.")]

When I remove the Microsoft to be this (below), it does not suppress the message.

[SuppressMessage("StyleCop.CSharp.MaintainabilityRules""SA1401:FieldsMustBePrivate", Justification = "This is an Event, it should not be treated like a property.")]