StyleCop with in VisualStudio 2010 IDE

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Hi there,

Have imported Visual Studio settings from another machine, which shows/works StyleCop from Visual Studio 2010 --> Tools menu (Run StyleCop item).

But Visual Studio 2010 is not showing StyleCop items in Tools menu.

I do have StyleCop 4.4 installed on my machine. I am aware that manually StyleCop settings path can be specified with in project file to get StyleCop work.

Issue 1: I would apprciate your help in getting the StyleCop items with in Tools menu of Visual Studio 2010.

Issue 2: Just now I installed ReSharper, I think I need to download StyleCop for ReSharper now. What should be done to get all working, showing StyleCop in Tools menu?

Your help is appreciated.

Oct 21, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Can someone provide useful info on this please.

Thanks,

Developer
Oct 30, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Hi sukumarraju,

I am afraid imported VS settings will not help you anyhow.

I also believe that you could try to remove 4.4 version, which is rather old, and install a new one, 4.6.

Best regards,
Oleg Shuruev

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Thanks Shuruev,

Installing latest version of Stylecop has resolved the issue without removing previous i.e., 4.4 version.

Looking at Visual Sudio settings file doesn't show any information related to Stylecop, I would like to know the right file / location to check how/where Stylecop integrated with Visual studio 2010.

Your help is appreciated.

Jun 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Hi Shrudev,

I have installed StyleCop 4.7.27, still i am not able to see 'StyleCop' item in Tools menu.

can you guide me, how to integrate StyleCop with VS2010?

Thanks a tonne.