Extension Manager support

Dec 22, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Surely, i'm very satisfied about your work and i can say many thanks from me and all other developers in my company (first day of using stylecop they won't)))))) but what support of Extension Manager? Yes it's not so big deal to double click on exe file and push several next buttons, It's most usefull scenario that it reminds devs to update stylecop and to get link inside VS.

Dec 23, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Nuget is supported if you wish to use that.

May 16, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Hi Andy,

It would be great to have a separate extension for StyleCop accessible through the Visual Studio 2010 extension manager window, in large distributed teams I'm finding it difficult to get everyone to update regularly and having the quick update option within VS makes life that much easier.  I know the latest StyleCop tells you when an update is available, but it still requires a few clicks away and it would be preferable to have this within VS if you can find the time in the future to do so :-)

May 16, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Tricky. Our installer adds functionality to JetBrains R# too (which can be installed as an extension). If it is then I  can't have my extension update an existing extension so we stay as an msi.