<StyleCopTreatErrorsAsWarnings> tag not recognized after upgrade to 4.7

Jan 11, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Edited Jan 11, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Updated: Please disregard. After posting, I realized that I had not updated the <import> tags in my project files to reference to the new 4.7 paths for StyleCop. My project files weren't finding StyleCop.targets because of this, and thus the <StyleCopTreatErrorsAsWarnings> tags were no longer recognized. I fixed this simply by updating the <import> tags; they are now finding Stylecop.targets, and everything works as before.

---------------------

I have been using the <StyleCopTreatErrorsAsWarnings> tag in my project files in order to enforce that StyleCop warnings be resolved in order for builds to be successful. After upgrading to 4.7, however, it seems that this tag is no longer recognized.

Has the 4.7 release intentionally removed support for this tag? If so, is there another way I should be using instead to enforce StyleCop warning resolutions via my build process?

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Nope.

No changes to that stuff.

Should be fine.

A.

On 11 Jan 2012, at 17:20, "GingerBuffalo" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have been using the <StyleCopTreatErrorsAsWarnings> tag in my project files in order to enforce that StyleCop warnings be resolved in order for builds to be successful. After upgrading to 4.7, however, it seems that this tag is no longer recognized.

Has the 4.7 release intentionally removed support for this tag? If so, is there another way I should be using instead to enforce StyleCop warning resolutions via my build process?