StyleCop and R#

Feb 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

When using the StyleCop/ReSharper integration (6.1.1)...

1.  Where does StyleCop look for a .StyleCop file to compare to the R# settings?

2.  When you update the settings so they match, is a file rewritten?

After attempting to synchronize the settings, I can't ever find a modified .StyleCop file.  It seems odd that this option is available even when no solution is open.  In that case, is it using the default Settings.StyleCop from the Program Files installation directory?

Even with the newest StyleCop and Resharper (4.7.11.0 and 6.1.1000.82) every time I go back to the options the "Reset C# Code Style Options" button is enabled.  I just don't understand how this feature is supposed to work.

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Edited Jun 6, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Hi
#1 it doesn't. It assumes the defaults as that's the most common scenario. If you turn many rules off ignore the message.
2. It updates the settings in r#
3. It's not using any StyleCop.settings files.
Jun 6, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Any answer for the last issue

"Even with the newest StyleCop and Resharper (4.7.11.0 and 6.1.1000.82) every time I go back to the options the "Reset C# Code Style Options" button is enabled.  " ?

It is confusing to see this Button always activated after resetting the options. Is there any explanation for that? that looks like a bug for me.

Coordinator
Jun 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I will investigate

Coordinator
Jun 6, 2012 at 10:16 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.