How can I contribute to creating the StyleCop compatible templates for VS 2012 beta?

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:45 AM
Edited Jul 5, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I wonder why there is no VS 2012 template yet! Hence I want to try it myself. Would you please give me a start point?

Please note that I want to commit my works to StyleCop repository and this is the most important part in which I need help. In other words I know how to create these templates.

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Hi, thanks for offering to help. If you follow the documentation on how to build the solution that'll get you up and running. Once you have the source take a look at the folder C:\Dev\StyleCop-main\Project\VisualStudioTemplates\ItemTemplates\CSharp\Code\1033

These are the templates for VS2010 Class CodeFile and Interface. 

Once you've created the templates that are StyleCop compliant the next piece of work is on the installer. If you know WiX then that'll be fine. If not you can always submit a fork with all the templates you've created for VS2012 and I will update the installer.

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Thanks andy,

I've created some template files but unfortunately I can't clone my fork! here the error which I got in TortoiseHg:

abort: stream ended unexpectedly (got 100310 bytes, expected 225292)
[command returned code 255 Fri Jul 06 18:28:52 2012]

I've tried many times and got the same error but with different numbers (got and expected bytes). I google it and found that getting different bytes indicates a server problem.

Any idea?

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Looks like a server problem with codeplex.

~A.

On 6 Jul 2012, at 15:06, amirkarimi <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thanks andy,

I've created some template files but unfortunately I can't clone my fork! here the error which I got in TortoiseHg:

abort: stream ended unexpectedly (got 100310 bytes, expected 225292)
[command returned code 255 Fri Jul 06 18:28:52 2012]

I've tried many times and got the same error but with different numbers (got and expected bytes). I google it and found that getting different bytes indicates a server problem.

Any idea?

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Edited Jul 6, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I've created an issue for CodePlex team. Please vote it up if you have the same problem.

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:58 AM

I'm so sorry for asking such questions here but supporting the StyleCop compliant templates for VS is very important to me (Of course I've done some works about it) and as I said the Mercurial clone operation doesn't work. Is there another way to submit patches or clone? For example download the source code, copy it in a folder, then clone? I'm looking for a solution which reduces the download size from Mercurial server.

Jul 30, 2012 at 6:14 AM

I've created an issue for adding the VS2012-compatible templates.