StyleCop rule violations not displayed in VS2012 with R# 7.1

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Hi,

StyleCop doesn't display rule violations at the source code (no squiggly lines and markers at the right of the editor window). It does detect the violations on build and displays them as warnings. ReSharper shows some hints at the editor window (like "Using directive is not required..." but not the violated StyleCop rules.

My ReSharper version is 7.1.25.234 and I even reinstalled today the latest StyleCop. I'm not exactly sure when this started; but it might be since the most recent ReSharper update.

Thanks for your help.

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Hi.

Anyone getting this?

It's working fine here and tested ok.

~A.

On 8 Dec 2012, at 23:39, FelixM <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

StyleCop doesn't display rule violations at the source code (no squiggly lines and markers at the right of the editor window). It does detect the violations on build and displays them as warnings. ReSharper shows some hints at the editor window (like "Using directive is not required..." but not the violated StyleCop rules.

My ReSharper version is 7.1.25.234 and I even reinstalled today the latest StyleCop. I'm not exactly sure when this started; but it might be since the most recent ReSharper update.

Thanks for your help.

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Solved. The warnings are displayed again and StyleCop is also available in the ReSharper Options menu (this wasn't the case before). The following did the trick:

Uninstall StyleCop.

Uninstall ReSharper.

Install ReSharper.

Install StyleCop.

I tried just reinstalling StyleCop before, but that didn't help.

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Yeah, reinstalling R# and StyleCop fixed the same problem for me!

Sep 2, 2013 at 10:58 PM
FelixM wrote:
Solved. The warnings are displayed again and StyleCop is also available in the ReSharper Options menu (this wasn't the case before). The following did the trick: Uninstall StyleCop. Uninstall ReSharper. Install ReSharper. Install StyleCop. I tried just reinstalling StyleCop before, but that didn't help.
Thanks. This fixed my issues as well.