StyleCop 4.7 and Resharper 8 - I can't see any StyleCop rules in the Inspection Severity dialog

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I would like to set the inspection severity for a StyleCop rule to "Error" but I'm unable to see any StyleCop rules in the Resharper Options dialog under Code Inspection > Inspection Severity. I'm using Visual Studio 2010.

I also can't see any StyleCop squiggly lines in the editor panel and ReSharper isn't displaying coloured lines on the right like it did in version 5.1.3000.12.

This was working fine with ReSharper 5.1.3000.12 and I assume it would work as is compatible with StyleCop 4.7.

I have tried uninstalling both ReSharper and StyleCop and installing them again, but this doesn't help.
Jul 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM
You need for ReSharper 8

Jul 26, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Thank you for the quick response!

I downloaded today from the home page so I assumed it was the latest. Just downloaded and will let you know if it works!
Jul 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM
That works! Thank you very much. Now to see if StyleCop+ works with these versions.
Feb 20, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Edited Feb 20, 2014 at 2:40 PM
andyr wrote:
You need for ReSharper 8 ~Andy.
Will StyleCop work with the latest ReSharper?

In particular, I am trying to find: 1) the StyleCop rules so I can adjust them there, and 2) avoid having to setup ReSharper rules, which are potentially incompatible with StyleCop.

Edit: I should probably clarify, I would like to maintain (more or less) Resharper-esque styling. The rules are all there as far as Resharper is concerned, but the StyleCop plugin for Resharper advises this is incompatible. So likely I need to arrest the issue with StyleCop, but I can't seem to find a StyleCop editor anywhere.

Thank you...
Feb 20, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Ah, I am blind. I believe I now see. I was editing options absent a Solution and/or Project. Looks like Project is required, or at any rate everything is done in a Solution (workspace) context. Which makes perfect sense.