Project Abandoned

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Sadly, this project appears to be abandoned. This saddens me since both personally and professionally, I've donated money, but it is what it is.

With VS 2015, I have managed to get the same benefits as we had with previous versions of VS by doing the following:
This isn't as convenient. The good news, Stylecop analyzers works great! Some of the default analyzers are a bit different than the defaults in the old style cop (such as Property must have a Value and No Trailing Whitespace).

The bad news, it's now two keystroke combinations instead of a single keystroke.

First, you'll need to remap the Document This command (CTRL + SHIFT + D) in GhostDoc to the DocumentFile command instead. Then you can use CTRL + SHIFT + D to do the documentation.

Next, you'll need to use Resharper's clean-up command (CTRL + E, F), but only after you've configured a profile to use for silent clean-up.

I hope this is helpful to others who are as frustrated as I am by the abandonment of this project.
Aug 25, 2015 at 3:05 PM
Thank you for the consideration. I am a stylecop fan and I can't see me using VS without it. It's the best way to keep the code standardized and clean. I appreciate your help a lot.
Aug 26, 2015 at 8:19 AM
kubiix did write a plugin for resharper that currently works with 9.1
Its here:

The problem is that it's not currently updated for resharper 9.2.
Perhaps if kubiix get's these posts he could update it for us, or at least PLEASE put the code up somewhere.
Aug 30, 2015 at 6:33 PM
You can find my solution based on previous code here : VSExtension.
Aug 30, 2015 at 6:46 PM

I've been away.

Let me know who would like to be the new admins please.

Aug 30, 2015 at 7:06 PM
Not sure if [s]he's interested in being an admin, but kubiix has been helpful.

If you're looking to find new admins ASAP, I would be willing to be an admin for now until others get on board. I don't think I'll have much time to spend doing dev work, though.
Aug 31, 2015 at 10:54 AM
Hi Andy. I'd like to volunteer as an admin - I'm currently working to get StyleCop updated for ReSharper 9.2, and have created a fork on GitHub:
Aug 31, 2015 at 8:45 PM
Hi Andy, I have implemented a version for VS2015 and currently I am working on C# 6 implementation.
I would like to work on this package to officially provides this new version for VS2015.

You can find my fork on github
Sep 4, 2015 at 12:36 AM
If anyone is interested, I've implemented an initial version of R# 9.2 plugin, and managed to load it into R#.

The source code is available in this fork.
Some instructions and notes are in this discussion.
Dec 30, 2015 at 10:10 AM

I'd be happy to administer this project going forward. I have time to contribute to development and to consolidate everything that has happened in the time where the project has been on hiatus.
Kind regards
Jan 8 at 12:08 PM

Those that expressed an interest in becoming co-ordinator have been added now. Added a few people as Developer that requested it to. Good luck.
Jan 9 at 9:28 PM
Thanks, Andy.