Jetbrains Fork

Feb 5 at 4:28 PM
Edited Feb 5 at 4:28 PM

It seems really unfortunate if this project is going to ignore the JetBrains fork over on GitHub -

I think those two projects should be merged together.
Feb 5 at 7:04 PM
I agree it's not good to have multiple forks, and I'm sure StyleCop will eventually merge back into a single development effort (likely the one you linked to on GitHub). That project is not being ignored--I already sent a message to mattellis about merging it, but haven't yet gotten a response.

However, before completely deprecating/abandoning this StyleCop "classic" project, I wanted to at least clean up outstanding pull requests and add support for VS2015. For people using StyleCop with VS2013 who want to upgrade to VS2015, not having a compatible build of StyleCop can be painful. It certainly was for me at a previous job when we wanted to upgrade to VS2013. Having one version of VS that can be used with both the "old" and "new" versions of StyleCop gives people some flexibility to migrate.

Once I release a build to add support for C# 6 syntax, merging with (i.e. migrating to) the GitHub repository should be my focus.