StyleCop No Longer Auto Fixing Issues

Apr 7 at 7:34 PM
I'm using VS2015 with the most recent stable release (4.7.51) but I am no longer able to auto fix issues like i could in VS2013. Is this intended, a problem, or am I missing a setting somewhere?
Coordinator
Apr 8 at 2:10 AM
Sounds like a bug to me. I'll look into fixing that for the next release.
Developer
Apr 11 at 10:13 AM
Thomas,

Are you using R#? If so, which version.
Apr 11 at 1:16 PM
Yes, R#9 though I know this problem also exists for R#10 as well. I think that might be the issue. For some reason I though this install worked with R#9 but I don't see it in the list of compatible R# versions.
Developer
Apr 11 at 1:47 PM
JetBrains has changed the way to install plugins into their product since version 9.

To load the stylecop plugin in to R# 9.
  • Download the nuget package from the downloads page. You can place is in any folder, just take note of the folder path (UNC path works too).
  • In VS go to Resharper -> Options. Then in Environment -> Extensions page, click add and add an entry that points the folder path above, then save.
  • Open Resharper -> Extension Manager, locate the entry 'Stylecop.Resharper920' (version 4.7.51) and install it.
  • Restart VS
You should now be able to see the R# integration features work as before. Try it and let us know how it goes.
Apr 11 at 5:58 PM
Edited Apr 12 at 1:15 PM
This worked for me. Thank you.
As a note to anyone else with this same issue, I needed to install the latest MSI for the R# plugin to work.