Follow @stylecopdev to keep up to date with all StyleCop announcements.
Microsoft has turned over governance and coordination of the StyleCop project to the community. The new Coordinator of this project is responsible for managing contributions. Microsoft is not granting any IP rights to code or other material contributed
to this project by third parties. The IP rights to each particular contribution are granted to you by the respective contributor under the Ms-PL license.
StyleCop analyzes C# source code to enforce a set of style and consistency rules. It can be run from inside of Visual Studio or integrated into an MSBuild project. StyleCop has also been integrated into many third-party development tools.
4.7 is compatible with:
- JetBrains R# 5.1.3 ( 5.1.3000.12)
- JetBrains R# 6.0 (6.0.2202.688)
- JetBrains R# 6.1 (126.96.36.199)
- JetBrains R# 6.1.1 (6.1.1000.82)
- JetBrains R# 7.0.1 (7.0.1098.2760)
- JetBrains R# 7.1 (188.8.131.52)
- Visual Studio 2008
- Visual Studio 2010
- Visual Studio 2012
This release includes the StyleCop plugin for JetBrains ReSharper.
- StyleCop provides value by enforcing a common set of style rules for C# code. StyleCop will continue to ship with a single, consistent set of rules, with minimal rule configuration allowed. Developers can implement their own rules if they so choose.
- StyleCop ships with the ability to seamlessly integrate with Visual Studio, MSBuild, TFS, etc. Developers are free to implement custom code to integrate StyleCop into other development and tooling environments, as described in the SDK documentation.