Follow @stylecopdev to keep up to date with all StyleCop announcements.
Would anyone like to take on the development and bug fixing of StyleCop?
If so please contact the co-ordinator directly.
StyleCop analyzes C# source code to enforce a set of style and consistency rules. It can be run from inside of Visual Studio or integrated into an MSBuild project. StyleCop has also been integrated into many third-party development tools.
4.7 is compatible with:
- JetBrains R# 5.1.3 ( 5.1.3000.12)
- JetBrains R# 6.0 (6.0.2202.688)
- JetBrains R# 6.1 (22.214.171.124)
- JetBrains R# 6.1.1 (6.1.1000.82)
- JetBrains R# 7.0.1 (7.0.1098.2760)
- JetBrains R# 7.1.3 (7.1.3000.2254)
- JetBrains R# 8.0 (8.0.1000.2286)
- Visual Studio 2008
- Visual Studio 2010
- Visual Studio 2012
- StyleCop provides value by enforcing a common set of style rules for C# code. StyleCop will continue to ship with a single, consistent set of rules, with minimal rule configuration allowed. Developers can implement their own rules if they so choose.
- StyleCop ships with the ability to seamlessly integrate with Visual Studio, MSBuild, TFS, etc. Developers are free to implement custom code to integrate StyleCop into other development and tooling environments, as described in the SDK documentation.