I chose to hide 'tabs are not allowed' option SA2017 and still stylecop complains that I should not use tabs instead of spaces. I don't care what YOU think my code should look like, but what I WANT the code to look like and be organized. I disabled half
the rules so far since they're personal or completely not applicable.
MY CODE ONLY HAS 1 MASTER AND THAT'S ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Style cop is to be an assistant that helps maintain code consistency and not enforce the MS rules by default. I don't care what MS thinks the rules should be, I on the other hand use my brain myself and CHOOSE not to following them blindly. It's not because
MS desided to change the conventions every 3 years, that I should follow them blindly. Why else would they allow variations on their own settings and I hold strong to the KLR settings invented by IBM years ago.I find that style to be the most complete and
as susch I don'ty need some shit plugin to tell me that everything I do is wrong.
- I use _PascalCase for my privatte fields
- I place all properties together with their backing fiield in a separate region (1region=1 property + 1 backingfield + additional property taginfo)
- I structure all my files in the same order
- I HATE file header since they only take up space that I can use for other purposes and they tend to get out of sync with the rest of the file summary.
- I refuse to use the c#alias since a type should look the same weither it's built in or no. I want all my types to be the REAL .NET types (Int32, Boolean, String, ...)
all these options are not available or not working properly due to incosistent testing (expect the property-field combo which can't be tested, but should be ignored)