StyleCop 4.5 RC in team development

Jun 15, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Hi All,

I downloaded StyleCop 4.5 RC and it is working well with ReSharper. Now instead of installing StyleCop on all other machine I'd like to keep the StyleCop binaries in SVN and integrate it with build process (and with Resharper too) as suggested at - http://stylecop.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Setting%20Up%20StyleCop%20MSBuild%20Integration&referringTitle=Documentation but document only tells the process to integrate the StyleCop with build process not with ReSharper. Could someone explain what it involves in integrating the StyleCop plugin with ReSharper?

Thanks,

Gurmit

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2011 at 5:50 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2011 at 3:59 PM
Put the stylecop.ReSharper.dll in the jetbrains ReSharper bin folder. That's it.
Search For the dll to get the exact path after an install of the msi or follow details on the JetBrains site.
Jun 30, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Thanks for reply. I moved stylecop.resharper.dll to R#'s "..bin\plugins\StyleCop 4.5" folder. Now I'm getting following error when I'm starting Visual studio-

"Failed to find StyleCop assembly. Please check your StyleCop installation." I'm using 4.5.25 version of StyleCop.

Thanks,

Gurmit

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Thats the plugin starting and looknig for the installed version of StyleCop 4.5.  Is StyleCop.msi installed?

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Thanks for reply Andy. That was my original question. I don't want to install StyleCop. I want to keep it in repository as mentioned in original post link. However everything works fine when StyleCop.msi is installed.