Bring back Single Line Documentation

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Where is the option in the R#6 version of stylecop to use single line documentation when it can?

Options to reflow documentation would be great, like reflow to 120cpl and remove unnecessary line breaks and spaces, etc. Anyone know of a good tool that does this already. GhostDoc doesn't.

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:00 PM

For now, I suggest that you at CodeSmith for reflow.

I also suggest that you go to SubMain's web site and suggest to them that they add a reflow option to GhostDoc.

Nov 4, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Does the option for single line documentation still exist? I can't find it...

I've turned off documentation formatting for now as all the new lines make the code harder to scan through when reviewing.

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2011 at 10:38 PM
Edited Dec 30, 2011 at 10:39 PM

I'd accidentally hidden the setting a couple of version ago. I'd forgotten it was there completely. It's back in 4.7.1.0

Jan 11, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Would it also be possible to get a setting for Microsoft-style line endings which is single line for parameters and return values and multi-line for summary, exception, and single-line for param and return. I'm not sure of all of them, but they're relatively easy to deduce. Perhaps a recommended set could be determined. For one, I really like summary and remarks on it's own line and param and return on the same line with their tags.

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM
There's already an open task (highly voted) to standardise completely the layout of documentation headers.

A.

On 11 Jan 2012, at 14:47, "oadrian" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Would it also be possible to get a setting for Microsoft-style line endings which is single line for parameters and return values and multi-line for summary, exception, and single-line for param and return. I'm not sure of all of them, but they're relatively easy to deduce. Perhaps a recommended set could be determined. For one, I really like summary and remarks on it's own line and param and return on the same line with their tags.