How can one run all StyleCop rules automatically when a build is done in the Visual Studio 2010 IDE.
Here are the details.
Our team's current setup for each workstation is the following...
- Install the latest MSI, (currently "StyleCop-22.214.171.124.msi").
- Open the project in Visual Studio.
- Checkout the project file in Visual Studio.
- Right-click on the project in the Solution Explorer, then choose "StyleCop Settings".
- Choose the tab "Settings Files".
- The radio-button "Merge with the following settings file" should be selected; so, if it is not selected, then select it.
- The item "Location" should point the shared settings file as follows...
- Save the project.
With that being done...
...in Case A, when we choose >Tools, >Run StyleCop, then all the StyleCop rules do fire...
...in Case B, when we choose >Build, >Rebuild Solution, all the StyleCop rules do not fire...
So the question is how can one cause all the StyleCop rules to run when choosing >Build, >Rebuild Solution?
-- Mark Kamoski