SC + VS11 + solution context menu == skipped analysis

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Using SC in Dev11, if I right+click on the solution in solution explorer OR choose 'rescan' or 'rescan all' from the tools menu, it always seems to return "no files to analyze". Under the solution, there are (in this case) 8 virtual folders that contain either other virtual folders or projects (all C#.) If I right+click on any of these top level virtual folders and choose "run stylecop", then it will report errors correctly.

I happen to have ReSharper 7.0.65 installed as well, if that makes a difference.

Jun 15, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Can you open a bug and attach a solution that reproduces the problem please so I can investigate and fix the issue.

Jun 15, 2012 at 4:24 PM

We are having this problem, it seems to be related to whether you have any projects in the root of you solution. we have one solution with all the projects in solution folders which doesn't work and one project without solution folders that does.

Jun 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Edited Jun 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Fixed in 4.7.32

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Any estimate on when 4.7.32 will be released?

Jun 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM

By Friday June 22.

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the quick turnaround Andy!

Jun 20, 2012 at 5:59 AM

Hey andyr,

Do you have a good feel yet for which version of the ReSharper EAP the 4.7.32 release will be compatible with? We are upgrading a number of devs to the RC and I want to make sure we get compatible StypeCop and R# out of the gate. If we want to use a later R# version than the .32 release supports, is it worthwhile to try and recompile the source using an updated version (in general) or do you think that is probably more trouble than likely benefit? I'm just looking at the notes on 7.0.69 and seeing it reference a fix to some potentially bad freezing errors. I'm waiting to see some rates, and will install that for test soon. We are currently on .67 tho, without much of an issue.

Jun 20, 2012 at 6:03 AM

I haven't tried building with a newe version yet. Typically, the process goes like this. 1. Download the latest R#. 2. Change over the referenced assemblies. 3. Try to compile StyleCop.ReSharper 4. If it works do a test pass. 5. If it doesn't then start to investigate why. Have some types changed? Have some types moved assembly? Is something done a completly different way? If I can figure it out and get it compiling again then great; if not, I work with JetBrains to figure out how to get it working again. Sometimes it works straight away. Other times it has taken 2-3 weeks to get it working again.