Problems uninstalling Stylecop

Jul 9, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I have been having trouble with StyleCop 4.7.33 and 4.7.34.  When I install it, everything is fine, except the R# integration does not work.  I tried playing with the rules and could not get it to work.  If I uninstall StyleCopy, I can an error from VisualStudio saying that it cannot load an assembly.  It puts up about 20 or so dialogs when it starts saying this.

If I exit, and resinstall StyleCop without R# integration, everything works.  Except, of course, there is not R# integration.

After checking around, I have an old version fo StyleCop installed.   It is installed under Microsoft StyleCop 4.4.0.14.  I think this is messing things up.  I want to uninstall it but can't find a way to do this.  It does not show up in the UnIninstall Programs from Control Panel.  It also doesn't show up as an Extenion in VS.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of the old version or get the new version to work properly with R#.

Michael

PS I searched the web for the 4.4.0.14 install and can't find it anywhere.

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Old versions are available. Theres a doc detailing where on this site somewhere.

Failing that uninstall what you can and then search your machine for Microsoft.stylecop.* and delete them all.

And stylecop.*.

Then install the latest 4.7.

~A.

On 9 Jul 2012, at 18:13, joquer <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have been having trouble with StyleCop 4.7.33 and 4.7.34. When I install it, everything is fine, except the R# integration does not work. I tried playing with the rules and could not get it to work. If I uninstall StyleCopy, I can an error from VisualStudio saying that it cannot load an assembly. It puts up about 20 or so dialogs when it starts saying this.

If I exit, and resinstall StyleCop without R# integration, everything works. Except, of course, there is not R# integration.

After checking around, I have an old version fo StyleCop installed. It is installed under Microsoft StyleCop 4.4.0.14. I think this is messing things up. I want to uninstall it but can't find a way to do this. It does not show up in the UnIninstall Programs from Control Panel. It also doesn't show up as an Extenion in VS.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of the old version or get the new version to work properly with R#.

Michael

PS I searched the web for the 4.4.0.14 install and can't find it anywhere.

Jul 9, 2012 at 6:44 PM

The only old version I can find is 3.3.  I thought there was an archive link, but can't find that.  Also, a search for the 4.4 doesn't turn up anything.  I figure if I could find that vesrion, I could run the install and uninstall it.  

If I removed the Microsoft StyleCop 4.4.0.14 directory under program files, thenI get missing assembly errors from VS again.

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Delete the old dlls and then run devenv /setup

~A.

On 9 Jul 2012, at 18:44, joquer <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

The only old version I can find is 3.3. I thought there was an archive link, but can't find that. Also, a search for the 4.4 doesn't turn up anything. I figure if I could find that vesrion, I could run the install and uninstall it.

If I removed the Microsoft StyleCop 4.4.0.14 directory under program files, thenI get missing assembly errors from VS again.