SA1210 - culture for comparisons

Oct 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Hi, I'd like to know which culture is used for comparisons of Usings statements. It seems to be a culture used in locale settings of the OS.

I have set a Czech locale settings in my OS (Win7). Czech language has a small difference in the alphabet - there exists a letter 'CH' (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, CH, ...) so the following statements behave differently according to the locale settings:

with English or neutral locale it is like this:
using System.ServiceModel.Channels;
using System.ServiceModel.Description;

But with Czech locale it has to be like this:
using System.ServiceModel.Description;
using System.ServiceModel.Channels;

I'd like to know why the current system locale culture is used? Or what culture is really used? Or is there some option to change this behavior per solution / project? If not, is it possible to add such option ? I think it could be a good improvement of StyleCop.

In our team there are developers from different parts of the world. So we really need to have invariant or English culture used for comparisons. It is not only for comfort of developers - this is more important for build machines settings and CI in general. I know that Czech is not the only language with this problem. Slovak language has this problem as well.