Using StyleCop for a Website development in Visual Web Developer Express

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:08 AM
I have recently discovered the existence of StyleCop, and i'd like to use it in my developments. I'm using Visual Web Developer 2010 express to develop websites (as opposed to web applications). I've found this link explaining how to use StyleCop with an express version of VS, but unfortunately, it makes use of the .csproj file :
The next step is to link to the StyleCop.Targets file from within your C# projects. This is done by manually editing the .csproj file for each project that you would like StyleCop to be integrated into.
Within the csproj file, find the import tag which imports the Microsoft.CSharp.targets file, and insert a new import to link to the StyleCop.Targets file just below this line:
<Import Project="$(MSBuildBinPath)\Microsoft.CSharp.targets" />
<Import Project="$(ProgramFiles)\MSBuild\Microsoft\StyleCop\v4.4\StyleCop.targets" />
A website in Visual Web Developer 2010 Express does not have a .csproj file, and there is nothing even remotely similar to the first line of code in the corresponding .sln file.

My question is, obviously : how can i integrate StyleCop in my Website development (if possible at all)