Dec 5, 2014 at 11:31 AM
+1
Dec 5, 2014 at 11:32 AM
+1
Dec 5, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Please fix the long delay between ReSharper RTM and the StyleCop RTM
Dec 5, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2014 at 3:45 PM
You should not expect any new update from the project owner (andyr) as the project owner no more monitor nor update this project (at least not in a timely manner, last log in was in April).

Instead, you (yes, I really mean YOU, the one reading this post) should update it yourself and publish the result to others. Don't overlook the https://stylecop.codeplex.com/discussions/574094 thread.

For VS2015 support, check and contribute to https://github.com/DotNetAnalyzers/StyleCopAnalyzers (via https://stylecop.codeplex.com/discussions/572077).

PS: I have also tried to but I have failed in persuading the sources to compile successfully.
Dec 11, 2014 at 10:09 AM
+1. I recently upgraded to R#9 and stylecop not supported is very disheartening.
Dec 13, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Please let's get an update. I have asked the resharper team to look at assisting. Maybe they will take a look. This project seems abandoned though - and it's so useful...
Dec 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM
The lack of StyleCop compatibility is the only reason I haven't upgraded to R#9 yet ... and I REALLY want to upgrade.
Developer
Dec 13, 2014 at 7:03 PM
jimmymain wrote:
Please let's get an update. I have asked the resharper team to look at assisting. Maybe they will take a look. This project seems abandoned though - and it's so useful...
I have started with rewriting StyleCop for R# 9, but since version 8.2, there are major changes, as Jetbrains team introduced the shared platform for all .Net products. Some assistance from them would be very helpful. Can you give me contact on someone you talked to >\

thanks
Kubiix
Dec 16, 2014 at 4:20 AM
Hi Kubiix,

I have updated my ticket with the details of this discussion. I am pretty certain Matt Ellis from resharper will be in touch to help.

Cheers
Craig.
Dec 16, 2014 at 9:17 AM
@kubiix, please let me know if you need a helping hand. I am not from jetbrains but would help in my free time if you need on development side. Let me know your github account and I will connect you there.
Developer
Dec 17, 2014 at 7:06 PM
@jimmymain: can you post url of the ticket ?

@planetcall: you can contact me on mail kubiix[at]live[dot]com or on Skype kubiix1home
Developer
Dec 18, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Hi all. I'm from JetBrains, and can help with getting StyleCop ported to ReSharper 9. Are there any specific questions you have?

Also, have you seen the devguide for ReSharper 9? And also, there's a Google Group for asking questions.

I don't know how far you've got with your version - I've copied the repo over to GitHub (as you've mentioned that this project appears to be abandoned, GitHub is going to be a lot easier to work with than CodePlex), and I'll try and take a look this afternoon.
Dec 18, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Please hook up with this project as they are working on updating StyleCop too. https://github.com/DotNetAnalyzers/StyleCopAnalyzers

Developer
Dec 18, 2014 at 8:33 PM
From what I can see, they're reimplementing StyleCop rather than updating/using the existing project.
Dec 18, 2014 at 8:37 PM

Yeah, sorry. I just realized that the goal was probably just to get this version working with R#9.

Dec 18, 2014 at 10:44 PM
+1
Developer
Dec 19, 2014 at 3:51 AM
Edited Dec 19, 2014 at 3:52 AM
mattellis: I have made some progress, with porting to R# 9 and i am not sure about few things - all in Project\Src\AddIns\ReSharper800

1, ArrangeThisQualifier
  • CodeCleanup\StyleCopCodeCleanupModule.cs
  • BulbItems\Readability\PrefixLocalCallsWithThis.cs
2, ConfigurableSeverityItem
  • Options\HighlightingRegistering.cs
  • QuickFixes\Framework\ChangeStyleCopRuleAction.cs
3, GetAliasedNamespace and IUsingNamespaceDirective
  • Extensions\IUsingDirectiveExtensions.cs
thanks for your help
Developer
Dec 19, 2014 at 9:23 AM
What are the issues?
Developer
Dec 19, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Error 27 The type or namespace name 'ArrangeThisQualifier' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\P\StyleCop\src\ReSharper.StyleCop\CodeCleanup\StyleCopCodeCleanupModule.cs 46 81 ReSharper90.StyleCop
Error 28 'JetBrains.ReSharper.Psi.CSharp.DeclaredElements.ISymbolAlias' does not contain a definition for 'GetAliasedNamespace' and no extension method 'GetAliasedNamespace' accepting a first argument of type 'JetBrains.ReSharper.Psi.CSharp.DeclaredElements.ISymbolAlias' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\P\StyleCop\src\ReSharper.StyleCop\Extensions\IUsingDirectiveExtensions.cs 50 96 ReSharper90.StyleCop
Error 29 'JetBrains.ReSharper.Psi.CSharp.Tree.ICSharpFile' does not contain a definition for 'ArrangeThisQualifier' and no extension method 'ArrangeThisQualifier' accepting a first argument of type 'JetBrains.ReSharper.Psi.CSharp.Tree.ICSharpFile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\P\StyleCop\src\ReSharper.StyleCop\BulbItems\Readability\PrefixLocalCallsWithThis.cs 52 18 ReSharper90.StyleCop
Error 30 The type or namespace name 'IUsingNamespaceDirective' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\P\StyleCop\src\ReSharper.StyleCop\Extensions\IUsingDirectiveExtensions.cs 57 13 ReSharper90.StyleCop
Error 31 The type or namespace name 'IUsingNamespaceDirective' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\P\StyleCop\src\ReSharper.StyleCop\Extensions\IUsingDirectiveExtensions.cs 57 72 ReSharper90.StyleCop
Error 33 The type or namespace name 'IUsingNamespaceDirective' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\P\StyleCop\src\ReSharper.StyleCop\Extensions\IUsingDirectiveExtensions.cs 80 15 ReSharper90.StyleCop
Error 34 The type or namespace name 'IUsingNamespaceDirective' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\P\StyleCop\src\ReSharper.StyleCop\Extensions\IUsingDirectiveExtensions.cs 80 74 ReSharper90.StyleCop
Error 41 The type name 'ConfigurableSeverityItem' does not exist in the type 'JetBrains.ReSharper.Feature.Services.Daemon.HighlightingSettingsManager' C:\P\StyleCop\src\ReSharper.StyleCop\Options\HighlightingRegistering.cs 146 64 ReSharper90.StyleCop
Error 42 The type name 'ConfigurableSeverityItem' does not exist in the type 'JetBrains.ReSharper.Feature.Services.Daemon.HighlightingSettingsManager' C:\P\StyleCop\src\ReSharper.StyleCop\Options\HighlightingRegistering.cs 147 127 ReSharper90.StyleCop
Error 43 The type name 'ConfigurableSeverityItem' does not exist in the type 'JetBrains.ReSharper.Feature.Services.Daemon.HighlightingSettingsManager' C:\P\StyleCop\src\ReSharper.StyleCop\Options\HighlightingRegistering.cs 153 53 ReSharper90.StyleCop
Error 44 The type name 'ConfigurableSeverityItem' does not exist in the type 'JetBrains.ReSharper.Feature.Services.Daemon.HighlightingSettingsManager' C:\P\StyleCop\src\ReSharper.StyleCop\Options\HighlightingRegistering.cs 153 117 ReSharper90.StyleCop
Error 45 The type name 'ConfigurableSeverityItem' does not exist in the type 'JetBrains.ReSharper.Feature.Services.Daemon.HighlightingSettingsManager' C:\P\StyleCop\src\ReSharper.StyleCop\QuickFixes\Framework\ChangeStyleCopRuleAction.cs 160 49 ReSharper90.StyleCop
Error 46 The type name 'ConfigurableSeverityItem' does not exist in the type 'JetBrains.ReSharper.Feature.Services.Daemon.HighlightingSettingsManager' C:\P\StyleCop\src\ReSharper.StyleCop\Options\HighlightingRegistering.cs 194 41 ReSharper90.StyleCop
Developer
Dec 22, 2014 at 12:09 PM
The ArrangeThisQualifier code has changed, and become part of the Code Style feature, rather than being an ad-hoc setting in Code Cleanup. There are several ways to use Code Style. You can see it in action in the ThisQualifierProblemAnalyzer class, which looks at all IReferenceExpression instances and asks Code Style to suggest any changes. If a change is needed, a highlight is added to the code, with a “suggestion” class associated. If the change is made, the suggestion is applied. Alternatively, you can use CodeStyleUtil to suggest or apply the current Code Style settings to a single tree node or recursively to a node and its descendants. There are a few utility methods to do this - e.g. ApplyRecursive will apply the current Code Style for the current node and descendants, or ApplyRecursive<ThisQualifierStyleSuggester> will apply just the “this” qualifier Code Style settings. If you want a bit more control, you can always relate a new instance of ThisQualifierStyleSuggester directly, passing in the current and new styles. Calling Apply will make the changes.
  • ISymbolAlias.GetAliasedNamespace. You should be able to call GetAliasedSymbol to get an IDeclaredElement that you should be the namespace - INamespace, I suspect.
  • IUsingNamespaceDirective has been replaced with IUsingDirective, IUsingAliasDirective and IUsingSymbolDirective.
  • ConfigurableSeverityItem is now a top level type, rather than a nested type.
Developer
Dec 25, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Thanks Matt,

I have one more question - in version 8.x, the StyleCop add-in was installed using StyleCop installer, is this still possible in 9.0, or is the Extension Manager the only way how to add an extension to R#?

kubiix
Developer
Dec 26, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Early build for R# 9 Available
https://stylecop.codeplex.com/discussions/576314
Dec 29, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Kubiix and everyone who is working on this, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for picking up StyleCop and porting this to ReSharper 9!!! It is very much appreciated!
Developer
Jan 2, 2015 at 9:46 AM
Nice work, congratulations! And to answer the question, extensions can only be installed via the extension manager in 9.0, due to rearchitecting the integration with Visual Studio (everything is statically registered, so it can't pick anything up from the legacy plugin dirs any more)