Visual Studio 2015 support

Jun 23, 2015 at 1:56 PM
Hi,

Is there any plans for supporting Visual Studio 2015?
Jul 22, 2015 at 2:51 PM
Hi,

I have tested the plugin using 4.7.51-beta1, and Visual Studio 2015 RTM.
It seems to work just fine, excluding the right click menus for executing stylecop, which don't seem to work.

Other that that, the refactorings seem to work quite well.
Jul 23, 2015 at 10:01 PM
I'd like to clarify that you are talking about support for StyleCop with Resharper.

I'm quite frustrated the the regular VS plugin does not have support for VS2015.
Jul 24, 2015 at 9:36 AM
Hi,

The regular vs plugin is basically deprecated, so don't bother with it.
The plugin I am talking about is the plugin available in the resharper extension manager.
It works in studio 2013, and in studio 2015.

The only caveat I have found is that the solution and project right click menus for stylecop don't show up on 2015. I am hoping kubix will be able to fix that sometime soon.

You do need to have stylecop installed as well.

Regards
Craig.
Jul 24, 2015 at 2:53 PM
Hi Jimmy,

What does it mean "The regular vs plugin is basically deprecated".

Will VS 2015 has style.cop plugging or not?
Jul 27, 2015 at 7:20 AM
Edited Jul 28, 2015 at 6:54 AM
Hi,

There is a resharper plugin for stylecop bundled with the regular stylecop install. It doesn't work with very recent versions of visual studio and resharper.
For best results, you need to install stylecop without the resharper plugin.

Then download the resharper stylecop plugin using the resharper extension manager. This (in my experience) works in all versions of visual studio. The resharper quick fixes all work in studio 2015.

Apart from the context menus I mentioned it seems great.

Regards
Craig.
Jul 27, 2015 at 2:26 PM
I am waiting the Visual Studio 2015 support. I love this plugin and I will only upgrade my Visual Studio after the official release.
Jul 28, 2015 at 9:16 PM
I thought I would leave an update on my situation for anyone else in the same scenario.

I was using the StyleCop plugin for VS2013 without Resharper, upgraded to VS2015 and was annoyed to find no update available.

I have since stumbled upon the StyleCop.Analysers project which can be installed via nuget and applies StyleCop rules using the new static code analysis capabilies of Roslyn.
It isn't yet backwards compatible to recognise the StyleCop.settings file but it's a simple task to transfer your rules over to the "Code Analysis" tab of the project properties. You are then able to share this single rules file between assemblies.

https://github.com/DotNetAnalyzers/StyleCopAnalyzers
Developer
Aug 8, 2015 at 5:21 PM
I have published an unofficial version of stylecop for VS2015 :

Visual Studio Gallery

I hope stylecop team will appreciate else I remove it.
I wait a response from andyr to build an official version only for VS2015 if it's ok
Aug 10, 2015 at 10:06 AM
Hi ptit_tof57,

I have just installed the extension and work as expected for now.
Developer
Aug 10, 2015 at 11:46 AM
Thanks for your feedback
Aug 14, 2015 at 7:49 PM
ptit_tof57 wrote:
I have published an unofficial version of stylecop for VS2015 :

Visual Studio Gallery

I hope stylecop team will appreciate else I remove it.
I wait a response from andyr to build an official version only for VS2015 if it's ok
ptit_tof57,

Thanks for your help, I will test and give you a feedback.
Aug 17, 2015 at 9:39 AM
Hi ptit_tof57,

I have installed the extension and work fine except when I use the string interpollation of C# 6.

In this case I have : SA0102 : CSharp.CsParser : A syntax error has been discovered in file ...
Developer
Aug 18, 2015 at 8:21 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2015 at 8:22 PM
Hi Flocky,

This is a "normal" issue, I have updated current code to work with Visual Studio 2015 without any change.
So C# 6 specification are not implemented but I fixed this violation for the next version. (I'll try to release before the end of the week)

Please note that I have moved complete project to GitHub because it seems that they are no active administrators for current site.
Issue #2

Next version :

Allowed : $"this is my string {myVar}";

Violation : SA1122 use string.Empty : $"";
Aug 20, 2015 at 3:32 PM
Edited Aug 20, 2015 at 3:36 PM
Hi ptit_tof57,

Will you also release it as nuget package or just as a Visual Studio extension?

Thanks,
Cristian
Developer
Aug 23, 2015 at 7:31 PM
Hi,

@cristianmad : unfortunately my solution works only for visual studio extension.
Please note that previous version of stylecop on nuget can be updated only by andyr.

@ Flocky, first step of implementation for C# 6 is done : version 4.7.52
If you have an issue please report it ongithub

tof
Developer
Sep 7, 2015 at 9:58 PM
@cristianmad you can find a beta version of nuget package for visual-stylecop.msbuild here :

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Visual-StyleCop.MSBuild/4.7.54

Most common C# 6 specifications should work.
Sep 28, 2015 at 11:01 AM
Hi ptit_tof57

I tried using the nugget package however the target files didn't get automatically added to the projects.

If I change the target from StyleCop.MSBuild.targets to Visual-StyleCop.MSBuild.targets then it will work.

Regards

Gary
Developer
Oct 1, 2015 at 5:02 PM
Hi Gary,

You can follow this issue on github : https://github.com/Visual-Stylecop/Visual-StyleCop/issues/28

Thanks for your help.